There are plenty of benefits of adult orthodontic treatment. While some are more obvious, others are often overlooked. And all these benefits—combined with the many convenient “invisible” treatment options available these days—are why adult orthodontic treatment is so popular and common today.
So, if you’ve been on the fence about treating your bite problem, here are some benefits of adult orthodontic treatment you might not have considered yet. It truly can improve many aspects of your life.
Did You Know About These Benefits of Adult Orthodontic Treatment?
- It can cut down on bad breath. Misaligned teeth can prevent effective brushing, which in turn can contribute to bad breath. Poor dental hygiene is one of the common causes of bad breath.
- It can help you get more dates. Single? Studies—like this one—have shown that people with straight teeth get more dates. Two in five Americans even say they wouldn’t go on a second date with someone who has crooked teeth.
- It can help you get a job, too. Studies also show that people with straight teeth are perceived to be more successful, and they’re more likely to land a job. In fact, the same study linked in the previous entry found that people with straight teeth are 45% more likely to get a job.
- It boosts your self-esteem and self-confidence. It’s not unusual to feel self-conscious about crooked or otherwise misaligned teeth. This can make you more reluctant to smile, laugh, and simply act naturally. Correcting misalignment will address this, make you happier to pose for pictures, increase your confidence, and more.
- It can improve the way you speak. Misaligned teeth can cause lisps and other minor to significant speech impediments, or just make it a little more difficult to speak clearly. Correcting the issue is one of the many benefits of adult orthodontic treatment. And this of course can also boost your confidence, make you a more effective public speaker or presenter, and just generally make things a little better in your life.