“How long does treatment take with Invisalign clear aligners?” This is one of the most frequently asked questions about Invisalign that we hear here at Ogden Orthodontics.
While we wish we could give you a definitive answer, the truth is, there isn’t one. Plenty of individual factors affect how long Invisalign treatment takes, so the answer differs for everyone. With that caveat, we can say that the average duration of treatment with this clear aligner brand is from 12 to 18 months.
Overall, that’s a bit shorter than the average length of treatment with traditional braces, which is about 16 to 18 months. And we’ll also point out that many patients begin to see an improvement in their misalignment within a matter of weeks of starting treatment with Invisalign. But that doesn’t mean you can stop your treatment before completing the full course as determined by your orthodontist.
Factors that Affect How Long You Need to Wear Invisalign Clear Aligners
How long does treatment take with Invisalign? If you’re still hoping to get a more definitive answer, the best we can do is outline some of the main factors that affect how long the treatment takes. These are some of the most important considerations:
- The severity of the misalignment and how far teeth need to be moved, as well as how much space is readily available for realignment
- The age and developmental stage of the person being treated with the Invisalign trays
- Whether structural problems with the jaw are being addressed, and how severe they are
- Whether the patient wears the clear aligner trays for 20 to 22 hours every day like they’re supposed to (and if not, the number of hours they miss and how often they come up short)
- The person’s oral health (including the teeth, gums, and supporting bone)
- The quality of the person’s oral hygiene
Get a Personalized Answer About How Long You’ll Wear Invisalign Clear Aligners
So, how long does treatment take with Invisalign clear aligners? As you can see, you need a personalized answer from an orthodontist. Here at Ogden Orthodontics, we offer 100% free initial consultations that include a thorough exam, dental X-rays, and the doctor’s recommendation for the best course of treatment and an estimate of how long it will take.
If you’re interested in treatment with Invisalign in Mount Dora, Clermont, or Windermere, Florida, call the office nearest you or schedule an appointment online. Again, your first appointment is completely free, and you can get a reliable answer as to whether you’re a good candidate for Invisalign treatment and how long you’ll need to wear it.